Thursday, August 11, 2011

Reflecting light.



    New York is home to me. I remember walking off of the plane at LaGuardia when I visited this March, and knowing that I was "here." My college journey is a bit unique, in that I'm moving to the place that I see myself living, for as long as I can see. I can't say that I WILL stay, but my heart is there. For the longest time, I didn't quite know where my hear was. But now I know, and sometimes the distance from here to there is a bit much to swallow.

Right now, I'm learning to say goodbye. I leave town on August 19th. I leave ONE FREAKING WEEK from today. That's seven days to clean my room and pack up 18 years. This world is all that I've ever known; my parents brought me home to this house, to this pink bedroom. I haven't cried yet, but I know that it's coming, for sure. Things are changing, and changing for good. I'm not leaving town for the summer to work at a grocery store, I'm not writing a novel, I'm not traveling to campaign for someone, or see an old friend... I'm moving into my life. I'm moving into an apartment with two completely lovely roommates, and I can't run home to see my mom for the weekend. I'm excited- Oh, SOO excited. But this is big. I know that while this transition is going smoothly now, it will have some bumps.

one week left.

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting!

    I won't be living in NYC for a good few years yet. I hope after I finish my journalism degree that I'll find a job there or in Washington DC or somewhere else close by. It will be amazing.

    You need to post a lot of stuff about living there. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete