Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thoughts from a Wednesday evening.

I sit here in my lovely New York apartment, alone on Thanksgiving. I’m writing this on my couch, and have a non-Christmas Spotify playlist on. There are people who would say that this sounds miserable. “You’re not surrounded by loud family and drama on Thanksgiving?! How horrible!”

No, silly people. I am here and I’m able to be thankful more than ever. I have a family that loves me, and that I get to see in three weeks. The most in depth conversation I have had today involved the purchase twinkle lights. The sun is setting over the city, (MY city!) and I have a friend coming over to watch a movie.
I don’t have school until Monday, so I’m taking some time off and staying inside my apartment ALL DAY TODAY. My bliss right now is quiet, and that makes me thankful; I have quiet available.
I’m getting up early tomorrow to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade from my balcony. I have dinner with school family tomorrow night, and then Christmas music will bounce around my apartment; Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney will add their magic sparkle to my eighth floor haven. I have a lot of writing to do if I want to catch up on my NaNo project, but that’s perfectly okay with me. I’m okay with letting things slide. I’m thankful for this time in my life. I’m thankful that the five words I would use to describe my world right now are peaceful, happy, calm, home, and grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Love!

Molls

1 comment:

  1. I want to see pictures :) for the first time in years I plan on seeing the parade.

    ReplyDelete