Friday, November 25, 2011

When You Don't Finish.

I'm not going to finish my NaNoWriMo novel this year. As much as I would love to snap my fingers and find the time to write nearly 9k a day to finish, I'm not going to do so. I REFUSE. School was crazy, I had something almost every single weekend of November, and finals are coming up. But I'm okay. Not completing NaNoWriMo does not make me any less of a writer, or any kind of a failure. Yes, winning would be nice. But what IS nice, is that I have a good solid 15,000 words under my belt of a new draft. I've got a long way to go, but a lot of story left. Did you finish NaNoWriMo successfully? Are you sipping your coffee, maturely admitting defeat but planning for next year? You should let me know. We can party together either way. :)

1 comment:

  1. If I win this year, my friend will run the Run for Your Lives Zombie 5k Obstacle Course with me in May (runforyourlives.com). I was about to throw in the towel and he put me up to the dare - you win and I'll run it. I started day 22 with 12k. I'm ending day 25 with 30k. I'm not stopping until my hands fall off or I have a purple bar.

    ReplyDelete