Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Writing! NaNoWriMo! Oh My!

I have decided to do it again. National Novel Writing Month is an international internet-based writing competition, where participants set out to write a novel of 50,000 words or more. I first participated in 2009, and I WON! :) I took a break last year, but I'm back again, and happy to be writing regularly.

I'm actually finding NaNo to be really helpful in my regular life. It keeps me just busy enough to schedule things out a little more, which I'm finding helpful. My character seems to know what she wants, (and what her name is, no input from me!) so I'm letting the story be written that way- so far it seems to be working.

We'll see! 

I might be saying some very different things when I reach 30,000 words, as opposed to the 3,516 that I have now. If you'd like to follow my progress, the "writing" tab/page goes to my NaNo profile, which has my daily statistics, and my word count progress.

Thaaat's all folks!
You'll hear from me soon.
Or, you know... in December.



-Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment